Monday, November 28, 2011

SERENITY

Boredom is the feeling that everything is a waste of time; serenity, that nothing is.
Thomas Szasz

Serenity is something often elusive to me this time of year. I get so geared up for all of the doings and goings-on that I miss the simple joy of the Christmas Season. I have to stop and remind myself what is most important and ease back on the things that aren't so important.

I have always loved the Serenity Prayer and find wisdom in its powerfel simplicity, especially as we launch into the season full steam ahead.

God grant me the serentiy to accept
The things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

I hope you'll take a moment during this busy time of year to find some serenity and peace in your life. (But, please don't wait until December 26th!)

No comments:

Post a Comment