Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Beautiful World

I had the joy of camping with my family last week. We went up into the Utah mountains and took a spot in a lovely campground. Surrounded by shadey trees and a flowing river I was struck by the serenity of the place as I sat during a lazy afternoon. I surveyed my vista with a healthy respect for the beauty of all God's creations. I marveled at how each creature, each plant, each insect intertwine in an intricate pattern of handiwork, interdependent upon one another for survival, each filling its own sphere of existence. This was testimony to me of God's amazing creation and how impossible it is for my finite human mind to comprehend His vast abilities. The peace of my campsite allowed me a moment to reflect on Nature in all her splendors and I was overwhelmed with gratitude for this beautful planet we call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment